- Resources for Patients
- The Endocrine System
- What is an Endocrinologist?
- What Do Hormones Do?
- Endocrine Diseases and Conditions
- Myth vs. Fact
- Downloadable Resources
- Cooking for Pleasure and Health
- Menopause Map
- Living Your Best Life with Diabetes
- Resources for Health Professionals
- En Español
- Endocrinology: Science & Policy
Hormone abuse by adults and children is a serious concern. Recent studies estimate that nearly 4percent of all high school students have used steroids without a doctor's prescription. Hormone abuse can lead to hormone imbalances that cause physical side effects such as acne, breast development in men, and facial hair growth and a deepened voice in women. The possible long-term health effects are serious: liver cancer, heart attacks, elevated cholesterol, and stunted growth. Read our Hormone Abuse section and fact sheets here.
Hormone Health Network Resources