Who: ThyCa: Thyroid Cancer Survivors’ Association, Inc. (www.thyca.org) is a nonprofit organization serving patients, families, and health care professionals worldwide since 1995. Services include free educational materials and events, support services, communication, Thyroid Cancer Awareness Month, year-round awareness campaigns for early detection, as well as thyroid cancer research fundraising and research grants open to researchers worldwide. ThyCa is advised by a Medical Advisory Council of over 40 internationally recognized thyroid cancer experts.
Support Resources: All support services are linked through our website. Support services include:
More than 110 free local support groups in 40 states in the USA, plus Australia, Canada, Colombia, Costa Rica, and Philippines.
- 12 free online support communities for each type and situation with thyroid cancer.
- One-to-one support through the ThyCa Person-To Person Network (matching for support with a ThyCa volunteer with the same diagnosis), the E-Mail Response Team, and the Toll-Free Survivors Telephone Number.
- Free Patient Information Packets mailed worldwide to individuals, and in bulk (free) to medical professionals for their patients.
- Free Handbooks, Thyroid Cancer Basics (all types of thyroid cancer, in English, Chinese, and Spanish), Anaplastic Thyroid Cancer, and Medullary Thyroid Cancer, by download and by mail.
- Free downloadable Low-Iodine Cookbook in English, French, and Spanish, for the brief diet used by patients preparing to receive radioactive iodine.
- Free weekly newsletter, available by e-mail through our Guestbook, and posted monthly and archived on our web site.
- Online materials in English, Chinese, French, Japanese, and Spanish, with more translations in development.
- Web site www.thyca.org with more than 800 pages, free downloadable publications, a detailed Calendar of Events, and connections to all our support services.
Upcoming Events: Visit our Calendar of Events for details about dozens of events each month. Events include:
- Free Support Groups Meet every month around the United States and in Australia, Canada, Colombia, Costa Rica, and Philippines.
- Free Seminars with thyroid cancer experts and other specialists held in community locations each month.
- Free Regional One-Day Workshops with physician speakers held in several locations each year.
The 20th International Thyroid Cancer Survivors’ Conference. You're invited to learn from numerous leading experts and share experiences with others coping with all types of thyroid cancer. More than 50 speakers and more than 100 sessions. Sponsored by ThyCa: Thyroid Cancer Survivors' Association, Inc. October 6-8, 2017, Baltimore, Maryland (Linthicum Heights).
- Our free Webinars and Webinar Library, plus videos, all on our web site gives worldwide access to education by thyroid cancer specialists.
- Thyroid Cancer Awareness Month, the worldwide observance sponsored by ThyCa each September, invited partnering by organizations and individuals to promote early detection, treatment, and lifelong monitoring.
Additional Information:Visit our web site: www.thyca.org.