Who: ThyCa: Thyroid Cancer Survivors’ Association, Inc. (www.thyca.org) is a nonprofit organization serving patients, families, and health care professionals worldwide since 1995. Services include free educational materials and events, support services, communication, Thyroid Cancer Awareness Month, year-round awareness campaigns for early detection, as well as thyroid cancer research fundraising and research grants open to researchers worldwide. ThyCa is advised by a Medical Advisory Council of over 40 internationally recognized thyroid cancer experts.
Support Resources: All support services are linked through our website. Support services include:
More than 110 free local support groups in 40 states in the USA, plus Australia, Canada, Colombia, Costa Rica, and Philippines.
- 12 free online support communities for each type and situation with thyroid cancer.
- One-to-one support through the ThyCa Person-To Person Network (matching for support with a ThyCa volunteer with the same diagnosis), the E-Mail Response Team, and the Toll-Free Survivors Telephone Number.
- Free Patient Information Packets mailed worldwide to individuals, and in bulk (free) to medical professionals for their patients.
- Free Handbooks, Thyroid Cancer Basics (all types of thyroid cancer, in English, Chinese, and Spanish), Anaplastic Thyroid Cancer, and Medullary Thyroid Cancer, by download and by mail.
- Free downloadable Low-Iodine Cookbook in English, French, and Spanish, for the brief diet used by patients preparing to receive radioactive iodine.
- Free weekly newsletter, available by e-mail through our Guestbook, and posted monthly and archived on our web site.
- Online materials in English, Chinese, French, Japanese, and Spanish, with more translations in development.
- Web site www.thyca.org with more than 800 pages, free downloadable publications, a detailed Calendar of Events, and connections to all our support services.
Upcoming Events: Visit our Calendar of Events for details about dozens of events each month. Events include:
Additional Information: Visit our web site: www.thyca.org. E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org Telephone: 1-877-588-7904