Share Your Story
Social media is a quick and effective way to share your story and reach a large audience. All U.S. Members of Congress as well as international policymakers are active on social media platforms. As a community that cares about hormone health, using our digital strength can have a lasting impact. Be an advocate on social media using these tips:
- Write a post on their Facebook wall.
- Send them a Tweet to promote your message or thank them for addressing your concerns.
- Remember that hashtags increase your visibility. You can use hashtags such as #SupportNIH, #Diabetes, etc.
- "Thank you @LegislatorX for your support of science & #NIH funding"
- "@LegislatorX, I am a patient living with type 2 Diabetes. We need more funding for #diabetes research, not less. Please support #research!"
- "LegislatorX, research saves lives! Support science. Fund #MedicalResearch"
⚠ Support Increased funding for the National Institutes of Health (NIH)
⚠ Ensuring health reform efforts have a positive impact on beneficiaries
⚠ Improved regulation of endocrine disrupting chemicals (EDCs) in the United States and internationally
⚠ Reduction in the widespread presence of diabetes and obesity
⚠ Protecting access to care for women and transgender individuals
We need your help in encouraging your Members of Congress to co-sponsor these priorities. Please send a letter to your US Senators and Representative. A letter has been created for you, all you have to do is enter your address and personalize the letter with your own story. Remember your voice matters!