New! Introducing D.A.I.L.Y (Diabetes Awareness Information For Loved Ones And You) a new digital interactive diabetes education tool from the Hormone Health Network.
Learn more at diabetesdaily.org.
Download our D.A.I.L.Y. Press Kit.
The Hormone Health Network is the nation’s endocrine patient education resource.
We are committed to helping patients have more informed discussions with their health care providers about hormone health, disease, and treatment. All of our educational resources are based on the clinical and scientific expertise of The Endocrine Society, the world’s largest organization of endocrinologists, representing more than 18,000 physicians and scientists.
The Network offers health care providers accurate, time-saving tools and gives patients the trusted information they need to better understand their conditions and treatment options. Our goal is to positively impact the health and well-being of patients by moving them from educated to engaged, from informed to active partners in their health care.
Our free, online resources are all accessible here on our site, including
- Questions and Answers patient fact sheet series, with more than 80 titles in both English and Spanish addressing hormone-related conditions.
- Patient Guides, based on The Endocrine Society’s Clinical Practice Guidelines, translating for patients the latest recommendations for clinical care and encouraging them to become active partners in their health care.
- Menopause Map, an interactive tool that helps women and their providers have more informed conversations about available treatment options for menopausal symptoms.
- Cooking for Pleasure, Healthy for Life, a collection of cooking demonstrations by award-winning chefs that offer positive diet strategies and delicious recipes to help patients enjoy a healthier lifestyle.
- Hormone Hotline, the Network’s monthly e-update on hormones and health.
Since its launch in 1998, the Network has had many significant achievements, including:
- More than 3 million annual visitors to our website, www. hormone.org
- 150+ free patient education resources, covering the breadth of endocrine diseases and conditions
- More than 13,000 subscribers to Hormone Hotline, broadly distributed to patients and their family members, clinical endocrinologists, primary care physicians, members of industry, and other health care professionals
- More than $1.5 million in commercial support received for our patient education activities
The Network also regularly conducts national polls and focus groups with patients, the general public, primary care physicians, and Society endocrinologists about patient education and general awareness of hormone-related diseases, conditions, and treatments. In addition, the Network conducts on-site polling of physicians at key national medical meetings. Together, this research guides and informs the Network as it plans its patient education initiatives.
Hormone Health Network Committee
The Hormone Health Network Committee is comprised of clinicians and researchers with expertise in endocrinology's major therapeutic areas. Its role is to identify the educational needs of patients and the general public, establish program priorities for the Network, and provide the Network with expert knowledge on specific hormone-related conditions.
Henry Anhalt, DO, FAAP, FACE, FACOP
Bergen County Pediatric Endocrinology
Genevieve Neal-Perry, MD, PhD
Liaison to The Endocrine Society Council
University of Washington
Elsie Marie Allen, MD
Novo Nordisk, Inc.
Craig Alter, MD
Children's Hospital of Philadelphia
Hector Arriaga-Cazares, MD
Medical Hospital Center of San Jose
Ashok Balasubramanyam, MD
Baylor College of Medicine
Irina Bancos, MD
Christine Michele Burt Solorzano, MD
University of Virginia
Stephen Colgan Clement, MD
Inova Fairfax Hospital
Caroline Davidge-Pitts, MB ChB
Alicia Diaz-Thomas, MD, MPH
University of Tennessee Health Science Center
Alan Farwell, MD
Boston Medical Center
Valeria Cunha Guimaraes, MD, PhD, FACE
Michelle Gurel, RN, BSN
Massachusetts General Hospital
Kashif Munir, MD
University of Maryland Medical Center
Kanakadurga Singer, MD
University of Michigan
T. Sean Vasaitis, PhD
University of Maryland Eastern Shore
Hormone Health Network Staff
Manager, Strategic Partnerships
Lisa M. Wyatt
Chief Communications & Marketing Officer